Foster Care Counselor | Youth Villages | Morristown, TN
Youth Villages has been a national leader in the implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children’s mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 20+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.
Our Foster Care program works with the foster care children to talk about their referral issues and to discuss why they are in foster care. This counselor also serves as a liaison between the child and the court and is always an advocate for the best needs of the child. The Youth Villages Foster Care Program uses intensive in-home based treatment where interventions are parent focused bringing change through the family, school, community, and peer groups.
- Counselors provide services to the entire family, rather than just the identified youth. Counselors work with the family hands-on to build trust and align them with treatment
- Counselors are responsible for a caseload of 8-10 families
- Intensive but flexible schedule Counselors deliver services in the family’s home or wherever they need us (school, court, etc.) and flexibly schedule sessions to meet the family’s needs; available 24 hours a day (M-F) for your families with a rotating pager on the weekends
- Documentation that is on-line/ web-based and available to you from home
- Counselors meet with supervisors at least three times per week to discuss progress and personal development.
- Our leadership is always available for backup in difficult situations.
- All counselors complete a thorough training schedule designed to maximize clinical skill.
- A Master’s degree in a social services discipline is required
- Degrees that can be considered include: social work, drug and alcohol education or counseling, psychology, criminal justice, guidance counseling, or marriage and family therapy. Other degrees will have to be evaluated further to determine if they meet the qualifications.
- One year experience counseling adolescents in a clinical setting
- Experience with the Foster Care System is preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
- You must have your own vehicle to use for work purposes as well as have liability insurance
Experience growth and development through our continuous training, as well as tuition and licensure reimbursement, or pursue opportunities to advance both clinically and administratively with Youth Villages.
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
- Retirement Savings Pension Plan
- 403 (b)
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 12 paid sick days per year
- 9 paid holidays
- Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement (when applicable)
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: